CubiCasa: better availability of indoor data
The experimental project of CubiCasa Oy examined how the digital architectural drawings in municipalities could be integrated into one cost-effective ecosystem.
What kind of problem was the project trying to solve?
The primarily public architectural drawings that can be obtained from the building supervision of municipalities and towns may not as such be suitable for all kinds of professional use. CubiCasa's experimental project tested whether, in connection with digital orders, it would be possible to send the same order directly also to the digital ordering system of CubiCasa's digital floor plans and thus enable new delivery formats for different purposes.
Objective: digital floor plans to serve the end user
The technical objective of this experiment was successful integration between the systems. A wider objective was to provide more opportunities and a more efficient service to the end user. If the integration were realised, the cost-effective ecosystem could be expanded to the entire public sector.
A further goal was also to promote the availability of open data in the field of real estate technology in Finland.
What was done in the project?
- The integration of CubiCasa's floor plans into the systems of different operators in the real estate sector was tested.
- A total of 200 floor plans, information models that could be delivered "on demand", were produced.
- This is how the final service would work:
- The customer signs into the booking system
- The customer finds the desired site by using a search based on the address
- The customer receives a completed floor plan that is ready for further use
What were the outcomes of the experiment?
- Clear savings in resources were made
- Positive feedback on how useful and easy the service was to use. Users found that the service facilitated their daily routines.
- The project communicated to the sector that such a service would be useful and would facilitate the traditional work routines
- Service needs were surveyed and thanks to the feedback, new perspectives were gained for further development
CubiCasa continues the development work and conducts discussions on integration with some operators
Progress of the project
Analytics and integration of indoor data
Tel. +358 40 712 2260