Transfer of a data model based pillar stabilisation plan into work machinery
The infrastructure sector is making goal-oriented progress towards data model based planning and construction. The standardisation group of BuildingSMART Finland has been developing an Inframodel information transfer format whose latest version also allows the direct information transfer from a data model to the machine control in pillar stabilisation.
The experiment will produce a model for machine control for the machine control system of a pillar stabilisation machine based on a data model for pillar stabilisation created in a design system. For the purposes of the experiment, a test environment (including the terrain and surfaces in the soil model and a plan for pillar stabilisation) and a simulation environment for the machine control system will be created in the design system.
The results obtained in the experiment will be evaluated during the work and the feedback obtained on the final result will be further developed in the standardisation group of BuildingSMART Finland. The experiment will succeed if practical experiences are gathered on the Inframodel information transfer and the final result will promote the development work for information transfer.
Testing the available national standard, the bSF Inframodel information transfer format. The format's latest version was defined and documented in 2016 (https://buildingsmart.fi/infrabim/inframodel/). Transferring the pillar stabilisation model (a data model) created by a designer to the work machinery system for simulation purposes by using the Inframodel information transfer format.
The planned progress of the implementation
- Creating an example file of the machine control model based on the data model for pillar stabilisation in the design system for testing purposes (inframodel information transfer format)
- Simulating the machine control model for pillar stabilisation in the working machinery system
- Establishing short-term needs for fixes in the information transfer from the viewpoints of both the design and the machine control systems
- Ideas for long-term development needs
- Aiming to make short-term fixes to the information transfer format
- Communicating about long-term development needs to the standardisation group at BuildingSmart Finland
- Reporting on the KIRA-digi experimental project
Lauri Harjula, Finnmap Infra
Tel. +358 9 8565 3832
Visa Hokkanen, Novatron
Tel. +358 3 357 2681